Reservations & Rates 2013
We accept reservation requests for June 21 - Sept. 1, 2013 (Labor Day) and Memorial Day weekend in the following way:
- January 2nd, by mail only for stays of 7 days or longer.[$125.00 deposit for each reservation made] and for Memorial and Labor Day weekends with full payment. Please incude 7% Maine sales tax with Memorial day and Labor Day payments.
- February 1st by mail and telephone 207-443-2101, for stays of seven days or longer.
- March 1st for any length of time. You will be mailed a bill. All reservations are to be paid in full by due date indicated on the bill. A $25 .00 administration fee will be charged for any reservation not paid by due date and cancelled, for January and February reservations. We accept tents, tent trailers[up to 25' opened] and small pickup campers. We CANNOT accomodate motor homes, travel trailers, hybrid trailers, teardrop campers or dual wheel pickup campers. ALL MODIFIED CARGO AND UTILITY TRAILERS MUST BE PARKED IN THE BOAT TRAILER LOT.We need to know type and size of your equipment when reservation is made. You are required to set up within the the site dimensions listed on your bill and confirmation. We allow 2 adults or a family with 2 adults and 3 children per site, a maximum of 3 additional children will be accepted for $5.00 per child per night. All children being under the age of 21.(Age 21 & older is considered an adult)One vehicle per site. NO VISITORS AND NO PETS. [ Only registered campers are allowed on the island] Please notify friends and family of our no visitor policy. We ask that anyone interested in coming to see Hermit Island for future camping do so when we are closed. The dates we are closed is the day after Columbus Day up until May 1st. This is necessary to give our campers their privacy and to control traffic on the campground.
Please note: Reservations made in January and February may not be shortened to less than 1 week. Memorial Day and Labor Day weekend reservations are made for the 3 days and are non-refundable and not transferable to other dates.
In season 6/20- Labor day
Off season Mid May to June 20th, then Labor day to Columbus day
Rates: (2013) THE REQUIRED 7 % STATE SALES TAX WILL BE ADDED TO YOUR BILL
||Sunday - Thursday
||Friday - Saturday
||$35.00 per night
To make a reservation by mail:
Please send us the following information. If you would like to request more than one campsite, include this information for each campsite reservation. Requests for multiple sites should be sent in the same envelope.
- name, address & phone number - one per campsite
- type of equipment used (tents, tent trailers[up to 25'], small pickup campers[without dual wheels]. All modified cargo and utility trailers must be parked in the boat trailer lot.
- number of adults and children *****
- arrival and departure dates
- individual campsite requests
- whether or not you'd like us to choose a site for you if all of your requested sites are unavailable
- if we are given the incorrect information regarding your equipment,it is possible that there would not be another site available upon your arrival
*****We allow 2 adults or 2 adults and 3 children per site. A maximum of 3 additional chidren will be accepted for $5.00 per child per night. All children being under the age of 21. Age 21 is considered an adult*****
*****We do not allow pets***** We do not allow visitors
For reservations made January – June for stays of a week (7 nights) or longer:
- We require a deposit of $125. A deposit is required for EACH SITE you reserve.
- . All reservations are to be paid in full by due date indicated on the bill.A $25.00 administration fee will be charged for any reservation not paid by due date and cancelled,for January and February reservations.
- A confirmation will be sent to you when we receive the balance indicated on your bill, paid within 30 days of the reservation date.
For reservations starting March 1st
- Full payment is due 15 days from the date the reservation was made or the reservation will be cancelled.
- A confirmation will be sent to you when we receive your payment.
For all reservations:
- If you decide to cancel your reservation before the 15 or 30 day due date, please contact us so we can offer the site to other campers.
- We will not contact you prior to cancellation.
- You must be 21 years old to reserve a campsite.
- Reservations for Memorial Day & Labor Day weekends are non-refundable and non-transferable to other dates or stays.
- You may not make a reservation for a site solely for the purpose of parking a vehicle. Campsites are to be occupied by people.
- A $10 fee will be applied to your balance after 3 or more changes to your reservation.
Payment may be made by check or money order. WE DO NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS. A confirmation letter will be sent after we receive your payment.
- We require 7 days notice prior to your arrival date for a refund.
- We will charge a cancellation fee equal to the last night of your reservation; the remainder will be refunded.
- January and February reservations may not be shortened to less than 7 nights.
- Refunds cannot be given for holiday weekends or because of early departures,wet sleeping bags,soggy pillows, dampened spirits or disasters beyond our control.
- Each site reserved is considered a separate reservation.
- To cancel a reservation, please call (207)443-2101,or send us a letter. Please note: We will no longer be accepting cancellations by e-mail .
- Reservations cannot be switched to different dates within 7 days of arrival.
We do not accept reservations for the off-season, which runs prior to June 20th, 2013 (except for the Memorial Day weekend) and after Sept, 1. We generally open for off-season camping around May 15. Please call (207)443-2101 to check. All rules remain the same in the off season.
- First come, first served. There is no check-in time. Check-out by noon.
- $35 for any site.
- Pay at the store before heading up onto the island to choose a site. If store is closed, please come down and pay when store opens at 8a.m., the next morning.
- Some areas of the campground may be closed off, depending on the numbers of campers. These areas include Harbor Grove, Branch, and most of the interior roads. All Ocean Prime and Prime sites are available, as well as many Choice sites.
- Showers are still open.
- The store is open, but the Kelp Shed, Gift Shop and Snack Bar are closed.
- The off-season ends on Columbus Day.